A custom closet expert in the Lower Mainland reveals the factors to consider when designing a custom closet
Factors to consider when designing a custom closet
Have you ever thought of having an amazingly organized closet? Have you in one way or another dreamt of owning a closet like those seen in magazines? If yes, then this is the place to be. You need to understand a combination of many things before you get your closet organized. The first things you have to consider is the amount of stuff you have and how it can fit the closet you want and importantly the design of the closet you want and how it will make good of the space you have.
Additionally, it is possible to get yourself with a small closet that does not fit all your belongings. In the event of such a situation, you need to get yourself a customed closet so that you can put your stuff well. By the end of the day, you can significantly be amazed how closet companies custom you closet as a result of the quality and level of professional they have. You can get yourself with double the hanging space that you wanted mainly because of the way which the designing is done. Moreover, if you work with a good company with a guaranteed and professional work, then you are almost sure that you will get what you wanted. For that reason, in the following discussion, we are going to look at some ten major factors to consider when designing a custom closet.
1. What is the use of your closet and who is using it?
This is the first thing to consider since it will greatly determine the way in which your closet should be designed. Firstly, you need to understand if the closet wants to want to custom design by you alone, your family, guests who come over or everyone. Decide on the kind of things you will be putting in the closet; is clothes or any other thing. Determine if your closet is going to store air conditioners, decorations for holidays or suitcases. Decide in time where you are going to place your closet; is it in the spare room, children’s room or in your home office. Importantly decide the exact corner in which you will place the closet; is it in the kitchen pantry or one corner in your kitchen.
2. Do you do an occasional change of your clothes in the closet or you normally like them stuffed in one place?
This also determines the way in which designing of your closet should be done. A customized closet with clothes that are changed occasionally is totally different from that whose clothes are put in one place all the time.
Read More: Custom closet experts show off their amazing skills in organization and building of luxury closets.
3. Do you also keep shoes in your closet has clothes?
If that is the case it always important to specify if you like them when in shoe boxes or when in angled or flat shelves. Importantly, also specify if you would also like to store your purses in the closet.
4. Are you left handed or right handed?
This is also very significant since it determines the way in which you open and closes your closet. It also determines the way in which you will work at either your kitchen or office.
5. Do you consider folding your pants in a shelf or hanging them?
This is a very important thing to consider in as much the way in which you arrange your closet is concerned. When it comes to preference of the way in which you arrange your pants, also consider you tee-shirts at the same measures.
6. Where are your dirty clothes hamper placed?
This factor will determine the position in which your closet will be placed. The position your dirty clothes hamper should be different from where your custom closet is.
7. What are the heights of the closet users and the person putting the clothes away?
8. Will you prefer having dressers in your bedroom or you will rather have small drawers which will help you keep things like underwear, socks or workout gear. Ellen Lewis, a contractor at http://www.caliberwestrenovations.ca – Custom Closets, said that “measuring someones height before you make the closet is vital.” She also went further to say that “low hanging drawers are not ideal for tall people, such as high drawers are not ideal for shorter people. It’s all about your usage.
9. What is your area of profession regarding career?
Your career is vital is such a circumstance since it assists in knowing if you will need an area for formal gowns that are long and importantly if you wear uniforms or belt racks and tie racks.
10. What happens when impediments are in your closet?
The impediments include the door chimes, plugs, heat events and alarm system.
After everything is in place, you can now put your things organized in your customed closet.